SailNet Community - View Single Post - Finding free anchorages on East Coast?
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012
Canuck Sailor

canucksailorguy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to canucksailorguy
Angry Re: Finding free anchorages on East Coast?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorFin View Post
True enough, but how about if the local authorities simply addressed ths problem boats and let the responsible ones continue to exercise their rights of free anchorage?

My suspicious mind thinks that the derelict vessel/irresponsible boater arguments are a smoke cover for developers and cash-strapped municipalities.
You're suspicious mind is right on the money. All the laws they required to deal with the problems were in place, but not being enforced. This Pilot Program is a scam. I have no intention of spending Dollar One in Florida when I get there. I'll fill my jerrycans and fridge/freezer in Brunswick, and go offshore for the Bahamas, anchoring out where I can.
They don't want to treat me as a respected guest/tourist, they don't get my money. There are 10,000 cruising boats a year that enter Florida - if we all did this in Florida, they'd quickly get the message.
Oh wait, maybe not - all those rich landowners have the votes and the money they support their lackey politicians with.
End of rant.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cuba - Forbidden Paradise
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook