SailNet Community - View Single Post - Finding free anchorages on East Coast?
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012
Canuck Sailor

canucksailorguy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to canucksailorguy
Re: Finding free anchorages on East Coast?

Quote:
For decades people of little means have been able to buy a boat for a few hundred dollars or less and anchor it in a Florida cove and live in "paradise" with a meager income.
My point exactly - this is not a problem that cruisers and transients should be made to suffer for. We have nice boats, we have money in our shorts, we are NOT the problem here.
It's a socioeconomic problem involving citizens of the state of Florida. I don't sail at great expense and challenge every fall for over 2500 miles from the Great Lakes to be treated like a second - hell, a fourth class citizen - and I'll be damned if I'll spend my money in the state if that's what they continue to do to me. I'm not the only person who feels this way either.
As for it perhaps maybe not being about the money - Major Daugherty of the FWC assured me that ass in Sunset Lake, Frederick Karlton, would be charged under the law for illegally having his dinghies out in the water. I haven't heard anything lately, but it's my understanding they are still there. Of course, the man is only worth multiple millions - but when I get back to MB, I will AGAIN anchor my boat in the middle of his bloody field just because a) I can and b) I know it drives him nuts and he deserves that sort of treatment.
But the law is on our side, so someone - anyone - tell me why the FWC won't enforce it? Let me answer that - $$$$$.
Better yet - why doesn't someone take the FWC to court for a writ of mandamus and get an order forcing them to charge Karlton?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cuba - Forbidden Paradise
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook