SailNet Community - View Single Post - Opposition to liveaboards
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: Opposition to liveaboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by wind_magic View Post
I agree with some of the others, if you sign a contract and the contract says that you won't have stuff on deck, then don't have stuff on deck. If you don't like the terms, don't sign the contract.

That said, I'm amazed that so many marinas have those kinds of rules. Maybe amazed isn't the right word, disappointed, that's a better word. Live and let live, I think all those liveaboards are charming, and yes, before anyone asks, yes, I even think the rusted out grills and bicycles, the dogs, laundry hanging in the rigging, I think it is all charming.
You charming is anothers junk and clutter. One person treasure is another persons trash. It really doesnt come into play

If you had to buy your slip, or wanted to maintian its value or increase it, charming doesnt come into play. Thats why some marinas, clubs have boards like homeowners groups in land communities who set some standards. Usually eveyone gets one vote so if enough people agree the rules/standards can be changed. No ones arm is twisted to live there as everyone knows the rules when you join and move in/

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook