SailNet Community - View Single Post - Opposition to liveaboards
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012

wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about
Re: Opposition to liveaboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
You charming is anothers junk and clutter. One person treasure is another persons trash. It really doesnt come into play

If you had to buy your slip, or wanted to maintian its value or increase it, charming doesnt come into play. Thats why some marinas, clubs have boards like homeowners groups in land communities who set some standards. Usually eveyone gets one vote so if enough people agree the rules/standards can be changed. No ones arm is twisted to live there as everyone knows the rules when you join and move in/

Dave
Look, if you don't like the rules, you shouldn't be there. Just because you want things to be a certain way and don't get what you want doesn't mean you can go around complaining about it if you knew what the rules were before you got there.

Not everybody likes to see junk on deck, and people have a right to decide as a group what they want and what they don't want if that is what the contract said, some people just don't like to see a lot of junk on deck. If you signed the contract then you knew what you were getting into, so you have to abide by the rules.

I personally don't mind the things that liveboards have on deck, I think its charming, but if that is against the rules then you shouldn't do it.

Please support my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook