SailNet Community - View Single Post - Crew available, Virgin Islands southwards, towards Martinique.
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012

Zanshin is on a distinguished road
Re: Crew available, Virgin Islands southwards, towards Martinique.

Unlike Antigua, the BVI doesn't really have a single locus for cruisers; but if you put up some signs at Nanny Cay (down by the store and, if they allow, up by the office) and hang around Mulligans you might find a spot on a travelling boat. With Gun Creek open there are 2 departure points on Virgin Gorda and most will probably still use Spanish Town and there are also some posting boards there. Leverick also has a notice board.

Even if you don't get a ride all the way down, it might be worth at least getting to St. Martin. As a Dane and member of Schengen you have a much better chance of hitching a ride (since the skipper is dropping you off in a country where you have a right to enter).

Who knows, I'm heading to the boat and then down-island in January and perhaps I might have a space aboard - but I have no fixed itinerary yet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook