SailNet Community - View Single Post - Whisker Pole details
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012

lancelot9898 is on a distinguished road
Re: Whisker Pole details

Hi Leslie,

Our J dimension is around 19 feet on J Lizzy. We have a Forespar line control wisker pole, model # lc13-24uts-utr I think, since not at the boat and just going from memory of something bought over 20 years ago. I'm looking at the 2011 WM catelog and don't see the inboard fitting that I have. It's not the ring and was the best design for feedom of movement and mounted on the track on the mast. I can store the pole vertical on the mast. A side note is that the track was not mounted quite high enough so that the pole is not completly vertical. This turned out to be good since the pole is off set slightly from the mast when stored allowing me to pass between the club boom and the mast which would not have been possible if the pole was completely vertical. The outboard is a trigger type fitting. I don't use a foreguy, just a topping lift. However a foreguy might be a good ideal to give more control. I really prefer sailing on a broad reach for better speed rather than wing and wing where the pole comes in handy. Sent you a message earlier this morning.

Dee
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook