SailNet Community - View Single Post - At Last! Definitive Self Defense for Sailors
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012

ShoalFinder is on a distinguished road
Re: At Last! Definitive Self Defense for Sailors

I wish they'd have shown the shell. I like the whole flamethrower / napalm idea. If you get shipwrecked and have to start a fire using wet wood all would not be lost.

As far as defense, I wonder if we aren't overlooking the obvious? What about a high speed dinghy with 4 Nissan 5hp motors on the back? You could rig your sailboat for self destruct and escape on the dinghy. When the Somali pirates board your vessel it's curtains! I want one with a motion-detector timer. When the pirates enter the salon, the timer comes on and counts down in big digital letters... 3-2-1... just so they know their ass is grass before the fireball happens. Very Schwarzenneggar movie-esque, don't you think?

I don't know how you say, "Ga-aaha-aahh LET'S GET OWT UV EEEAAAHHHH!!! GAAA-AA-AAAH!" in Somali but I'm sure that's how it would go down.

About the time it explodes you sit up in your high speed dinghy as it zips along undetected by the pirate mother ship. Don't look back though. You can't look as though fireballs are unexpected.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook