SailNet Community - View Single Post - Knives
Thread: Knives
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2006
Owner, Green Bay Packers

sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice
One other thing I should have mentioned is where you carry your knife. I have a pocket in the bib of my foulies and find that it is the most convenient location, except when I'm not wearing them.(G) Settling for the pocket is a pain-I find that my chest is the area I can always get to when I need a blade in a hurry. Even with a lanyard the pocket is not as efficient. I wish more oufitters would put a pocket, with velcro, in the chest area. Thoughts?
I think I'll be making my next knife. Spring steel, straight blade as hello likes, and leather sheath to carry spike also. I think the serrated blades came out because the knife manufacturers saw everybody sharpening their knives on a piece of concrete. And to be honest, for cutting line it gives you a better edge than you can get by honing a stainless blade. That myerchin was pretty reasonable compared to their other blades I've seen.
Have a wave. the only thing I don't like is the blade-go figure.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook