SailNet Community - View Single Post - Keeping track of recipes ...
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012

bljones has a spectacular aura about bljones has a spectacular aura about
Re: Keeping track of recipes ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsullyec1 View Post
I like your suggestion, WingnWing. My husband and I are in the process of buying a boat (S2-11C) and hope to begin as live-aboards by the second week in January.

I'm a little concerned about using the stove/oven because they are fueled by alcohol...and I've never cooked with alcohol. I'm starting to save up recipes (online, at this point) and have purchased "Cruising Chef Cookbook" by Michael Greenwald. I want to get a binder to put recipes on paper...just our favorite meals...because, as you mentioned, food tends to fly about while cooking, especially on a boat I would think.

I also like the idea of having a flash drive to save online recipes that I can transfer to a file online. Good idea.
I like the S2 11C- she is a boat with a layout that makes great use of the entire hull. I have had no problems cooking on an unpressurized alcohol stove for several seasons.
Dock Six Chronicles: Two-Burner Tastiness: The Recipes

As far as recipe (or as i call them "ideas") storage, anything on paper i like i have scanned onto my netbook and stored on a flash drive, because, as C2S said, it is a great way to share recipes, but also i keep an SD card of "go-to's" that I can drop into my e-reader, which is easier to work with in a small galley.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook