SailNet Community - View Single Post - Opposition to liveaboards
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012
formerly posting as eryka

wingNwing is on a distinguished road
Re: Opposition to liveaboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainForce View Post
I don't mind it either, but I do find it a problem that the misconception aboat liveaboards remains. It should not be noted as, "the things that liveaboards have on deck"; but instead, "the things that a few liveabords have on deck". Again, it should be recognized that most liveaboards are on board boats that are not easily distinguished from those without people living aboard.
Agree, but a actually, I think it should be noted as "the things that some boaters have on deck" (or on their dock/finger pier). Granted that more of the offenders seem to be liveaboards, but not all liveaboards have messy boats, and not all the owners of messy boats live aboard them full time. That's why I prefer to be in marinas that regulate the activity of how you keep your boat, not the number of nights you sleep aboard it. i.e., liveaboard status. Agree with Chef and a few of the other posters - if you don't like the rules, go to a place with rules more to your liking.

If you've occasionally got a project going on that requires use of deck space, but clean up after completion and its a project that you're making progress on every day, that's different from chronically having more possessions than you can accomodate in (not on) your boat.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cinderella, CSY 33, Photo by Joe McCary

Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable. - Sidney J. Harris

Shameless self-promotion - my blog for the Annapolis Capital newspaper:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
still has some glitches to be worked out. Until then, I'm posting at:
and
! And a new project:
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook