SailNet Community - View Single Post - Old newbie in Atl
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012
formerly posting as eryka

wingNwing is on a distinguished road
Re: Old newbie in Atl

Hey 20, welcome to Sailnet!

Those daughters are lucky kids, sounds like a fun future you have in mind for them, and the boat sizes you're looking at 25-30 seem quite reasonable for 4 for weekends or weeks.

You're talking about coastal sailing, not true ocean, so your choice of boat, including production boats like Hunter, Beneteau and Catalina, are just fine for your circumstances. I see lots of them on the ICW down to the Bahamas, so GA and SC will be fine. You're not sailing beyond the limits of the weather forecast; just pick your days carefully. That's more fun for the kids anyway.

The toughest thing about switching from lake to coastal in that area will be getting used to the tides, which can be 9 feet in parts of GA.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cinderella, CSY 33, Photo by Joe McCary

Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable. - Sidney J. Harris

Shameless self-promotion - my blog for the Annapolis Capital newspaper:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
still has some glitches to be worked out. Until then, I'm posting at:
and
! And a new project:
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook