SailNet Community - View Single Post - Keeping track of recipes ...
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012
GennyWinch

dsullyec1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to dsullyec1
Re: Keeping track of recipes ...

Ohhh...that doesn't sound like fun at all, WingnWing. Was there water coming into the Bilge? I hope not, that could be serious.

I truly hope I like living aboard as much as you. I've only been on a sailboat several times, and it was only for a few hours each time. Didn't get seasick, so that's a plus. However, actually living on board is a completely new way to live life. Time will tell. Truthfully, I am looking forward to it. A new chapter in life.

As for recipes collecting, I really like recipes on paper so I can pin it up in front of me or prop up a book and look at it. To me, a cookbook with goop all over it is proof of a good recipe and book. I don't have all the fancy tech tools that are being mentioned here, and really don't think I want them. Just my handy computer is all I want. But in the kitchen, I prefer paper. I know...just an old-fashioned girl. (Anachronism?)

We love our S2-11C. You're right, BlJones, it has so much room below, especially the galley, the head and the master berth. The head is about 3 times larger than others we've seen and even has a small bathtub. The galley is about 1 1/2X larger, and the master berth is like a bedroom. We think we'll love living on it. It's an older boat (Tiara doesn't make S2's anymore, only power boats) but it's in good shape...we think she has a lot of life left in her, and plan on caring for her so she'll stay that way.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
Mark Twain
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook