SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sydney to Hobart 2012
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Sydney to Hobart 2012

It seems an easy one to Wild Oats provided the boat is racing. I did not understood nothing about that story (see interesting sailboat thread).

Is it racing or not? conditionally or not?

I am more interested on the performance cruisers race and in what regards that the boat that is being outstanding is the new Sidney 43 GTS. The boat is going to be made in Europe by Salona and a result like that one would worth some commands

Regarding coverage it is a shame. I guess the guys that organize the event does not really understand how this business works, or better treat it not like a business, like an amateur friendly race and that's what the race is going to become is they don't change the approach fast.

A race do not becomes great or stay great only by the racers involved but most of all by the audience he gets. The audience is directly connected with the possibility of sponsorship and those linked with the number and quality of the boats and crews. They do nothing to make this a spectacular race to an audience and this is a spectacular race with a great history. How dumb can they be?

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 12-26-2012 at 10:59 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook