SailNet Community - View Single Post - Keeping track of recipes ...
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012
formerly posting as eryka

wingNwing is on a distinguished road
Re: Keeping track of recipes ...

Dsullyec1, thanx for your concern, no, it was fresh water. That makes the fix important, rather than urgent.

We seem much alike, I also enjoy cookbooks that show a bit of their "history," wine spills, oil spatters and all. Granted, I don't have many cookbooks any more, get most of my recipe inspirations online. My regular go-tos, though, are all paper.

As for the tech stuff, I've found that for recreational reading, novels and the like, can't beat a Nook/Kindle. Moving aboard, you suddenly realize that the books you have with you, are all you have. Once you've read them, then what? Books, along with cooking condiments, souvenir t-shirts, and a few other items, are a few of the categories of possessions that seem to multiply and gradually accumulate through your life, no matter how careful you are. x10 when you're living in a small space like a boat. So, space alone seems to dictate that some of your books are either given away when you've finished them, or stored in electronic format to conserve space. We've only got so many shelves and they're mostly filled with boat reference books. Paper books are quite subject to mold aboard. Plus, we can get e-books from our library wherever we are, whatever port we're in that has signal. LOVE it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cinderella, CSY 33, Photo by Joe McCary

Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable. - Sidney J. Harris

Shameless self-promotion - my blog for the Annapolis Capital newspaper:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
still has some glitches to be worked out. Until then, I'm posting at:
and
! And a new project:
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook