SailNet Community - View Single Post - Keeping track of recipes ...
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012

wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about
Re: Keeping track of recipes ...

Thank you all for the great responses!

I have not decided how I am going to keep track of the recipes, but the comments you have provided really give me a lot of ideas.

One thing that was mentioned in this thread by a number of people (chef2sail, chuckles, maybe someone else) is that some don't always use recipes, and I smiled when I read that because that is one of the reasons I am trying to figure out how to keep track of recipes. What I mean is that I also don't cook with recipes, I like having food taste a little different every time I make it, seasoned to taste. What I have found, however, is that I don't like surprises when I do pressure canning and get "interesting" results and then have to eat 16 pints of it so that is the motivation for starting the thread -- I want to find a way to keep track of these recipes I have created so that I get a more consistent canning product. I want to be able to make batch after batch of the same thing and have it taste the same every time I make it, unless I decide to change the recipe.

Please support my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook