SailNet Community - View Single Post - Keeping track of recipes ...
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012
GennyWinch

dsullyec1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to dsullyec1
Re: Keeping track of recipes ...

WingnWing, I do have a kindle, so maybe I'm not that old fashioned after all. We traveled (on land) to Ecuador, Panama, and Costa Rica for 5 months last year and were both so thankful we had invested in kindles! We love to read, and when one travels, there just isn't room for carrying a bunch of books, and it's often difficult to find English printed books in some countries. We absolutely adore our kindles and don't go anywhere without them.

As for the cookbooks, I'll only have a couple (probably three), the one I just bought (Cruisers Chef Cookbook), and another on crockpot recipes, and hopefully one more on pressure cooking recipes. I, too, have been getting lots of recipes online. Even opened a "Pinterest" page for "Recipes for live-aboards" and have been selecting easy recipes to save there.

I also thought about the idea of having a small recipe box like I used to have, but 1/3 the size, with recipes on small index cards in a small recipe box. OR, maybe put recipes on index cards, put them in plastic, something like a photo album type of book.

I was glad to hear that your bilge problem is not a major one. Whew! I dread the day we start having major problems and only hope those are far off in the future.

We had looked at a CSY 33' before we found the S2-11C we're buying. The CSY has lovely lines, and we loved the cockpit. The reason we didn't go for it was because it had a ton of work we would've needed to do, and we just didn't want to do that much work for the price they were asking. I hope you're enjoying living on yours. It seems like a boat that would be very livable. Are you staying warm on it this time of year? We won't need our heater very much down in Kemah (by Galveston, TX), but we at least have the option of aircond vs. heat...which I like. I would think you'd really need heat very much at this time of year, unless you're anchored in a warmer place.

Stay safe!!
Diane

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
Mark Twain
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook