SailNet Community - View Single Post - Going to look at a Watkins 27.....
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012

deltaten is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to deltaten
Re: Going to look at a Watkins 27.....

Lemme see what this does...
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9voeajks6ade61b/jNKh2_3Duz
OK seems ta be linked...
Sure it needs some work; but like I said in another thread...I bought a good, 75 hr diesel for cheap with a decent rig around it ! Yes; it needs some work; but I can do alla the stuff but the engine

Corrections to the initial posting...
those aluminum sections are not the plates; but the "knees" that the chain plates mount to.. There*is* an anchor; just not where I expected it to be!. Two mains and no jib....now rectified with a CL deal

Now on the hard in the yard, covered and tarped for the winter. Hope ta make a few trips to get some items ticked off the list before uncovering in early Spring. Banacles were scraped and the bottom paint looks good enuff for a quick sand and coat. No nasty surprises, void or blister-wise. New zincs are in order and the prop, shaft and bearings there look good as does the rudder post and gudgeons/bearings. The waste/out thru-hull might be a bit weak; seems the handle moves a bit too freely to suit my boat-buddy and he sez prolly oughta simply replace it for peace of mind.

I have been offered my choice of radios; both VHF AND HF by a friend!! A very good friend, indeed!
Going to haunt the Marine suppliers and Chandler's discount racks and tables for bits'n'pieces for a while

Now trying ta come up with an applicable name.....

Last edited by deltaten; 12-26-2012 at 05:53 PM. Reason: added correct link
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook