SailNet Community - View Single Post - Opposition to liveaboards
View Single Post
post #178 of Old 12-27-2012
Heinous
Custom User Title

Re: Opposition to liveaboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainForce View Post
Most the marinas that I choose to spend time at have no problem with "stuff on board". Myself, I have no problem with excess stuff on board other people's boats.
I think this has more to do with what sort of stuff, and how it's stowed. Nobody is going to have a problem with boating-related gear stowed tidily on deck. Other, unrelated stuff, strewn about or overflowing onto the dock/finger will probably draw complaints.

I've left a kayak and my dinghy up on the foredeck a few times with no problems, but the marina staff commented as soon as I forgot about a cooler that I left on the dock. Same cooler stashed in my cockpit, no problem.

Most marinas around here simply want to maintain a presentable appearance. That's why a lot of them require a photo of your boat when you apply for a slip. Some of the houseboats in those videos would not likely be allowed in the marina I'm in for this reason. I wouldn't mind seeing them, myself, but it's not my marina.

At the same time, as long as you aren't disturbing anyone or making an uncontained mess, my marina doesn't have a problem with anyone doing work projects on their boats.

be excellent to each other
Beneteau First 42
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome