SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012

hannah2 is on a distinguished road
Re: Interesting Sailboats

The new Allures 39.9 is a beautiful boat and well thought out. I like the galley as it is more traditional for sailors going offshore. I loved watching the video and seeing young NA's working along with such dedicated shipwrights doing the work. France has a lot of talented shipwrights who take great pride in their work.

I hope sailors in N. America who are interested in a new boat will understand that for not much more in cost they can get a great blue water sail boat built in Europe. Some of the boats that Paulo has been showing us are even less expensive than the production boats that N. Americans are use to talking about on forums and much better built.

Back in 1992 a new Mason 44 was advertised as the best blue water cruiser for under 500,000 US dollars. The Mason price was 499,999 twenty years ago. You can now get a better made, faster boat for about the same price and when you think of inflation over the last twenty years you are getting a great deal compared to the old days. And remember some of the boats Paulo has shown us are a lot less than the prices mentioned above.

Also to Monsieur Bis, we hope you will come visit us when we do sea trials for our new boat sometime in early summer. And Paulo and his wife we hope to see you in Portugal some time in the summer for a sail and dinner on our Boreal, S.V. RC LOUISE.

Cheers.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook