SailNet Community - View Single Post - Production boats- justified bias?
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Re: Production boats- justified bias?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonEisberg View Post
Well, I can't help but notice the irony of the guy who's all about "Big Freakin' Sails" is the same one most determined to ignore the perspectives offered by those who have actually DONE some truly Big Freakin' Sailing... (grin)

OK, here's another to dismiss... John Neal, with 300,000+ miles in the South Pacific, Caribbean, Patagonia, Antarctica, Atlantic, Scandinavia and the Arctic, has likely seen his fair share of Big Freakin' Sailing...
I'm not ignoring those perspectives at all. I'm just balancing them with the body of other sailors that have also done their share of serious BFS'n, yet prefer the more modern designs...as well as the general industry itself which has moved away from the deep/long/heavy design paradigm.

As PCP says above, today's NAs can't all be stupid.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook