SailNet Community - View Single Post - Unleashing Womens Potential in Blue Water Sailing
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012
formerly posting as eryka

wingNwing is on a distinguished road
Re: Unleashing Womens Potential in Blue Water Sailing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrna View Post
Back to the OP.The article if I remember right is that everyone is equal on the boat. Both partners need to able to do both duties what is classically called "Blue and Pink Duties". I won't debate the merits of the article only to say I believe we women should be able to work on the diesel engine as well as cook.
Exactly! Although I haven't seen Teresa's article either, I was once asked for advice for women cruisers and realized, I don't have any advice for women ... and maybe, that IS the advice: that at sea, it's not specific to women, its just about people aboard and tasks that need doing. Life Afloat Archives: Pink Jobs and Blue Jobs The blog Raft-UP (a group of liveaboard cruising bloggers, who all agree to write about a given topic from their varied perspectives) is poised to tackle this topic in January; I'll post links when they're written.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cinderella, CSY 33, Photo by Joe McCary

Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable. - Sidney J. Harris

Shameless self-promotion - my blog for the Annapolis Capital newspaper:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
still has some glitches to be worked out. Until then, I'm posting at:
and
! And a new project:
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook