SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Life 10.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiriki View Post
Has the Life 10.0 been mentioned in this thread?

life-yachts se/LIFE_yachts/LIFE_10.0. html

According to yacht. de [ yacht de/yachten_jollen/neue_boote/scharfe-schwedin-von-der-westkueste/a76569. html ] it will cost less than 100k and have more upwind and more downwind sail-area than the larger Pogo 10.50

I think this will be a very interesting boat

[Sorry, for the scrambled links, I haven't got enough posts, do be allowed to post urls ]
Hi, welcome to the thread and thanks for posting. I have seen the boat but I don't really know what to think about it.

I knew already the Life 7.5 that is an interesting sports boat even if I don't understand that sharp transition on the transom. Sure that works well downwind but upwind with anything more than around 17º of heel it will create turbulence and drag.

Regarding the 10.0 that supposedly is a performance cruiser and not a racer I am a bit perplexed.

The boat seems to have a lot less stability (stiffness) than the Pogo 10.50 that is 600kg heavier, has a lot more beam (3.45 to 3.90m), just less 20cm of draft and seem to have a very similar keel. I cannot find the ballast on of the Life 10.0 but on the drawings there seems not to have there a substantial bulb. It has less stability and carries more sail? Scary...since the Pogo carries already a lot of sail.

For being fast is not enough to have a lot of sail, it is also necessary to have the power (RM) to carry that sail and it seems to me that the Life 10.0 should be very tricky to sail without a racing spirit not to mention autopilot use.

That boat in a windy day with gusts should be very difficult to sail upwind even with a racing spirit. maybe with a full crew on the rail, but than, it is not properly a cruising boat.

http://www.searchmagazine.se/news/view/2795

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 12-27-2012 at 08:16 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook