SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mooring bouys
Thread: Mooring bouys
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012

Agri is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Sail View Post
So that marina over there is in a spot I want to use... Fact: Transport Canada issues mooring permits TP 13585 E . Some moorings don't even require the approval of the "Minister" (moorings that fall under Annex A) moorings that fall under Annex B would require the full approval process. These moorings, according to Transport Canada and numerous other Government resources, have a "legal" and Government sanctioned right to be there, if the rules are followed
The marina will have a water lease so therefore has a right to be there. You will also notice in both of my posts I mentioned unmarked moorings which legally have no right to be there. I'm not advocating any kind of vigilante justice, just a more of what I see as a common sense/help out your neighbor approach. I will concede that my views on property rights and owner ship differ from a lot of peoples but that is a subject for a different forum.

I stand by my original statement, if the mooring is unmarked and unused and you feel safe using it, use it.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 2
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook