Join Date: Oct 2006
Thanked 60 Times in 42 Posts
Rep Power: 10
Re: Dripless Shaft Seal versus Stuffing Box
Maine Sail...I tried "Like" your post several times but couldn't
We have had a PSS Dripless for several years with no problems.
Some keys points MS and others have outlines for a proper install:
- use a shaft collar either from PSS or McMaster Carr
- only use your set screws once
- only use locktite on the second set screw, not the first
- follow the maintenance intervals
- read the install directions well
1982 Tartan 37C
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by T37Chef; 12-29-2012 at 11:44 AM.