View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012
Learning the HARD way...

eherlihy will become famous soon enough
Re: Anchor Wars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantus Anchors View Post
Our Product is good on that point we agree I am glad

First I think you should watch the video another time and you will see the Manson Supreme is in there, we did not want to crowd the video, but Manson Boss does not set here at any scope. Hold, did you even watch the video ?

We use 2:1 Scope to mirror the Practicle Sailor Test:
http://www.manson-marine.co.nz/Anchor%20Tests/Practical%20Sailor%20Large%20Anchor%20Tests.pdf

Its a way to challenge the anchor, as stated earlier, even in these conditions Mantus Sets. To a reasonable person that implies that in less demanding conditions it will work as well..... If does not, you can reference a video library of pulls with and without vehicles, with and without chain and at different scopes.
Test Videos | MantusAnchors
We are still working on it, but I think will satisfy everyone's idea of a perfect Test eventually.....
What I am trying to relate in this video is that Mantus "Sets" better than competition if I thought it was no different than its brothers I would not be spending this time to convince you otherwise....
Gimme a break...

PS only tested 3 anchors in this 2009 test.Part of their their conclusion was;
Quote:
The Ray, Rocna, and Supreme are all well-made anchors, and all showed good setting ability in difficult bottom conditions in our beach testing.
The performances of the Rocna and Supreme were very similar, with the edge going to the Supreme in price and short-scope situations and the Rocna in hard sand and ultimate holding.
They were not given the opportunity to test the construction quality of your anchor, and I would hold anything that you say as suspect. The simple fact is that you are biased... All that you did here was test setting ability in an unrealistic test...

IF you really want an unbiased conclusion, send Main Sail a 30-35lb version of your anchor, and ask him to do a writeup. Otherwise, you are making me think of Craig Smith....
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook