SailNet Community - View Single Post - For a family of 4 - Islander 28 vs Catalina 30
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: For a family of 4 - Islander 28 vs Catalina 30

I owned an Island 28 on Barnegat Bay some 28 years ago. Is this where the boat is located? The 6 years I owned her she was the only I28 on Barnegat Bay. Nice boat...quick... nice cane cabinet fronts. perfect for a small family. I had her name Island Majic, but the people who bought her from me may have changed the name. I believe she was a 1977. She had an Atomic 4if you keeping her on Barnegat Bay sailing this boat is great as the draft kept me from bumping where other boats hit sand. I took her to Block Island a number of times. When I sold her she was kept in Dillons Creek marina

Diesel is safer than gas on the other hand. You may need the room and the extra feet in the Hunter amy be worth it. Go for the best quality boat and the one youd be proud to own. All would fit your needs

Is this the boat your looking at my old one?

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner

Last edited by chef2sail; 12-30-2012 at 06:06 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook