Thread: Anchor Wars
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: Anchor Wars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantus Anchors View Post
Besides what formal test do you know, that tests setting in hard to penetrate bottom....
Have you ever seen at test where an anchor from a big Manufacturer completely failed? Tests don't get set up that way..
The closest you could come to a real test is Main Sail.... And the combined knowledge of the sailing community....
In an emergency you need gear that you can rely on, it needs to work all the time and every time.... and immediately
Ok, here is the quote from Mainesail initial testing in "Another Next Generation Anchor Enters the Market Post #146

Quote:
The new gen anchors are all they are cracked up to be.... I can use ANY anchor I want from the top list, I currently own them and they owe me nothing. After years of my own testing, for my own edification, I choose the Rocna, Manson Supreme or Mantus first then the Spade as second.

I am currently using the Mantus and it is a very, very good anchor. After this season is over I will go back to my Rocna but only because it fits my roller better. The Mantus will join my Spade as a back up/storm anchor as well as the Fortress s my dedicated stern anchor.

I find the Manson, Rocna and Mantus to be very similar in performance with the Mantus slightly edging out the Rocna and Manson in fast setting. Course when I say fast we are talking inches difference in set not feet...Mainesail
An endoresement for Mantus, but not exactley what your video is stating. As I stated before no apparent advantage over the other Next Gen anchors, Rocna and Manson Supreme. The big selling point is its able to be stowed easily. I have one now as a backup stowed in my anchor locker. Just as a side I have anchored in hard sand many times with a 33 ln Rocna and 60 ft of chain with never a problem the Rocna digging first time down. I would expect the same from the Mantus/

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner

Last edited by chef2sail; 12-30-2012 at 05:17 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook