SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012

bjung is on a distinguished road
Re: New Allures 39.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
and continuing talking about voyage boats, Allures announced in the Paris boat show the Allures 39.9 that is going to replace the 40 that was a very successful boat and I bet this one is even more. The design is a knock out

Absolutely beautiful, considering that is much more difficult to design a good looking 40ft boat than a 45, this boat is even more beautiful than the 45.

This is a Berret/Racopeau design and it is not only the boat that looks gorgeous the hull design seems great too as well as the interior. It seems that I am too enthusiastic about this boat, but what can I say, I love the design

The dimensions seem also correct to me. This is a beamy boat to take advantage of hull stability (4.15m) it will go probably well upwind with a centerboard with a draft of 2.75m. That's huge for a 40ft. The boat will have also a good AVS and a good overall stability, since they made the deck in composite to put the weight down and have a good B/D ratio (39%).

The boat is a bit on the heavy side (10 900kg) but on small centerboarders with all the ballast inside a very light boat don't seem a good idea to me so even the weight seems right to me. Even so the boat weights less than the also new Halberg Rassy 412.

Regards

Paulo
I'll have to agree, nice improvements over the 40, especially getting rid of that linear galley, and going back to a seagoing galley and usable seaberths. By the numbers, she should also be a well behaved but spirited performer. I wonder if the boat will be ready for Duesseldorf?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook