SailNet Community - View Single Post - Opposition to liveaboards
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: Opposition to liveaboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
On the med on many marinas you pay everything separately. You have to insert a card o your pontoon meter to have electricity and water that you pay in advance charging the electronic card. The same card is used to have a shower on the toilet (you have to put the card in to have water). With this system they can control and have a fair distribution of costs. Of course I recon that the system is expensive and is needed on account of liveaboards and is paid by all but it seems to me the best solution.

Regards

Paulo
That sounds like a reasonable system to distribute cost, but it doesn't address the marina owner that just doesn't want to be bothered by the constant wear and tear. I know you get that.

Let's put everyone in the shoes of the owner. You all get about $5 million to buy a marina that is fully occupied.

One has nothing but weekend warriors. You have a big customer push from Fri to Mon, but mid-week is pretty calm and you reduce staff and catchup on work orders.

The other has a bunch of liveaboards, who all pay their increased cost, but you have to deal with more customers during the week and some of your transients keep turning over because they don't like the one or two bad apples.

Same profit from both marinas. Which do you buy?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook