SailNet Community - View Single Post - Anchor Wars
Thread: Anchor Wars
View Single Post
post #33 of Old 12-30-2012
Re: Anchor Wars

Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Honestly, I think you guys are being a little obstinate. The video seemed like a fair comparison to me in terms of what was being shown. Was it "scientific"?'s a dude on a beach in shorts dragging anchors around on a short line for crying out loud. But you can't deny that for those conditions shown, the Mantus was pretty consistent in setting where the others weren't.

Mantus - a word of advice, you'll never win if you go down this road.
Good advice to Mantus. You can't video your own test and defend it. If there was a single attempt where the Mantus didn't bite, would it have made the edit?

Obstinate? Not really. I think its a good anchor, just like all the new-gen anchors. It's just a bad idea to film yourself to try to prove anything.

I'm still waiting for the vid of Smack flying one hull of Fiasco in the air, with a drink in one hand and the tiller in the other. But I ain't believing it's the first attempt......

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome