Thread: Anchor Wars
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012
Senior Moment Member

SloopJonB will become famous soon enough
Re: Anchor Wars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantus Anchors View Post
We certainly could, and we might... The truth be told that no matter what we do people are naturally sceptical and will certainly question our claims and challenge our video presentations. Chain certainly improves virtual scope via the centenary effect and thus improves setting ability.... And though I know that in this particular location the above anchors will not set with/without chain.... What our aim was is to show in the video that even in the worst conditions "no chain", "short scope", "very hard bottom" and the anchor still "SETS"
The parameters you were testing were very valid IMHO - being able to operate on short scope is an extremely valuable trait for an anchor.

I would recommend that you be more careful with your video work to ensure that all tests are viewed or presented the same - seeing one anchor being pulled with the tester, rode and anchor all in full view and another where only the anchor can be seen can lead to skepticism in the viewer.
I, myself, personally intend to continue being outspoken and opinionated, intolerant of all fanatics, fools and ignoramuses, deeply suspicious of all those who have "found the answer" and on my bad days, downright rude.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook