SailNet Community - View Single Post - S2 7.9
Thread: S2 7.9
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012

Rhys05 is on a distinguished road
Re: S2 7.9

ajoliver: Thanks for the information! I would say that I certainly don't INTEND to be out when the wind is hitting 25+ knots, but if we happened to be cruising around for a week or more, I'm sure it could/would happen eventually and I wanted to know how the boat handles it. My wife is pretty brave and her main problem when we got caught out that one time was the difficulty of reducing sail and our underpowered outboard to get us back to port, more so than the wave action itself. I think the heavier boat and better reefing hardware will make a huge difference for her. So from your statement, it sounds like $17k would be a good price for a hull #400+ with trailer and outboard, do you have a feel for what an earlier one should go for (say 1980-83, converted from inboard to outboard, with a good trailer)? You say that the 7.9 will do 6.5-7 knots...do they plane, or just climb up a bit on the bow wave? That's pretty impressive for a 26 ft boat! I will almost certainly take you up on your offer to stop by this spring, I'm still pretty new to sailing and know that I have lots to learn! Thanks for the offer!

-Brandon
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook