SailNet Community - View Single Post - Production boats- justified bias?
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Re: Production boats- justified bias?

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnewaska View Post
absolutely true, but you overgeneralize the point about these ratios as well. All boats and sailors have their limits and you must respect them. Either try to avoid conditions beyond your boats capability or, rather than continue to pound through them, understand you'll be hanging on a drogue longer than a more capable boat. Both boats can still make the passage.

I do understand that my boat is not an all-purpose any condition boat. None really are. You need to understand what it can and can't do and manage that properly. Otherwise, she is perfectly capable of handling rough weather. Do her bulkhead tabs have the same strength of some others? Nope. I know a sister ship that has sailed from newport to tortola and back about a half dozen times. He has minor alignment issues with doors now. However, the boat has made the trip without any trouble and he absolutely loves the platform for its all around usefullness, not simply whether she was made to hunt hurricanes. As i do.
^^^^^^^this!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook