SailNet Community - View Single Post - How do you use your boat
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013

JonEisberg will become famous soon enough
Re: How do you use your boat

Mine's a 40+ year old Allied Chance 30-30, a pretty racy boat in her day, but a totally Plain Jane production boat below... I completely gutted her, and rebuilt and re-powered her, so she now makes a pretty nice small cruising boat...

She lives behind my house on New Jersey's Barnegat Bay, my local sailing is pretty minimal, confined to short afternoon sails after the sea breeze comes up, or overnight jaunts out to a nice little cove about 30 minutes away...

Primary use is more extended cruises of a couple of months, or more... Mostly headed south to the Bahamas for the winter, then another to New England or Canadian Maritimes in the summer... So far, she's made it as far south and west as Guatemala, out to Bermuda, and as far north and east as Newfoundland...

Hoping to stretch those boundaries a bit this year, but having my house go under water during Sandy has cancelled this winter's trip south, we'll have to see about this summer...

Tough little boat, I'm pretty confident she's capable of taking me anywhere I'd care to sail...

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook