SailNet Community - View Single Post - Opposition to liveaboards
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013

sidney777 is on a distinguished road
Re: Opposition to liveaboards

To PCP.... To me this discussion (and you will read it in alot of comments) is about FREEDOM, Freedom of choice, haves vs. have nots, money , the US Constitution, Republicans vs Democrats. Neat freaks vs messy people. Like the "Odd Couple " on TV. In some ways like the Recent American election.
....People who follow the "rules" versus people who don't or would like to not follow the rules. Underdogs vs others. About "truth , justice and the American way ".
....We don't have a Queen or a King,or Dictator. WE are a democracy. Right wing thinkers versus Left Wing thinkers. Freedom. These are just a few things that come to mind.... PCP, your descriptions of some MARINAS are not the kind of CONTROL that many Americans want. I,we, don't want "big brother'" watching and controlling us. Some want freedom to have guns, some don't (these ideas are underlying this discussion---in my opinion---! You live in Portugal??
...as you will see this post will anger some here on sailnet with other opinions and open a whole new can of worms.

Last edited by sidney777; 01-02-2013 at 03:28 AM. Reason: add
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook