View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: Mooring bouys

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucklesR View Post
Not to beat a dead horse - but (and here I beat it anyway) -

Parking your car in a public lot and putting a mooring ball down in public water is not the same.
Painting a public lot parking spot with a 'reserved by Chuckles' sign or leaving a orange cone in said spot is more akin to a mooring ball -
Putting a chain across the parking spot or chaining that orange cone down is closer to the real deal.
Same deal for bike racks etc.. no one is talking about using your car or your bike, we're talking about using the parking SPACE or the bike RACK that you left your property in.
I understand your point I think in that you are saying no one has the right to limit acccess to the water ( parking space) correct?

Do we agree that a government agency has the right to allocate use of that water (space). We are not talking about channel obstruction here. ?

If the answer is no, then it would mean the only rights a home owner would retain would be the riparian rights ( land visable at low tide). That would then mean all docks and piers which extend out into open water water technically would be the same as that illegal morring wouldnt it?

The property owners building piers which extend into water 6-8 foot depths are no different than the person putting a morring ball in the same space correct? And therefore someone else who wants to can use them correct?

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook