Thread: Mooring bouys
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013
HANUMAN

RobGallagher is on a distinguished road
Re: Mooring bouys

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
I understand your point I think in that you are saying no one has the right to limit acccess to the water ( parking space) correct?

Do we agree that a government agency has the right to allocate use of that water (space). We are not talking about channel obstruction here. ?

If the answer is no, then it would mean the only rights a home owner would retain would be the riparian rights ( land visable at low tide). That would then mean all docks and piers which extend out into open water water technically would be the same as that illegal morring wouldnt it?

The property owners building piers which extend into water 6-8 foot depths are no different than the person putting a morring ball in the same space correct? And therefore someone else who wants to can use them correct?

Dave
Apples and oranges.

We are all fully aware of what the real estate tax values are for an inland home compared to what they are at water front property that has the ability to build a deep water slip. We are talking exponential values here.

Let us not even begin to dig into the values that increase property tax when a structure such as a dock is built.

Then you have the costs of building the actual dock. In some cases, more than the price of a modest home.

I don't think we want to go down that road. Someone bureaucrat may be reading this and get some ideas....
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook