SailNet Community - View Single Post - Orientation for Composting Head?
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: Orientation for Composting Head?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Swain View Post
.... Facing fore and aft , heeled either way, you have a little extra weight on one shoulder or the other; far more comfortable.
I guess this was the point I was trying to make earlier. Whichever setup on a particular boat allows you to best brace yourself, is probably the answer.

Assume, however, that the head is in the middle of the salon. That's not really a stretch on some small boats, where it is under a v-berth cushion, with nothing around you to brace. I think athwartships is probably the best option with zero bracing.

I just hate using the head when heavily heeled, period. It's the most likely thing to get me nauseous. I love being down below underway, especially seeing green water go past the port lights. However, enter the head and I'm on a timer........ weird.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook