SailNet Community - View Single Post - Yanmar 2gm2f no start after fueling
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013
Just another Moderator

Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about
Re: Yanmar 2gm2f no start after fueling

Quote:
Originally Posted by alechich View Post
SUCCESS!!!

Thanks to everyone on this forum that responded to me and helped out. I finally got the little handle on the pump to work just a bit more by moving the crank till I could feel it going a little lower and with some resistance. I had loosed the engine fuel filter and noticed fuel coming out of it, so after it looked like no bubbles (which it did from when I first noticed it)I went to the seond bleeder down to what lloked like the injector pump. THIS WAS NOT IN THE MANUAL. There I did get air out and the tightened down. As per at least two or three commenters, on this and another site (cruisers), I decided to try starting it before going to the injectors, as I stated the other day (when I got just a cough and stopped because I hadn't warmed the oil and trickle charger was not on one battery). It started right off today, with a little extra help of encouragement with the starter. I ran it under load also and checked all fittings. Good as new!!
Thanks again.
Good news!

1984 Fast/Nicholson 345 "FastForward"

".. there is much you could do at sea with common sense.. and very little you could do without it.."
Capt G E Ericson (from "The Cruel Sea" by Nicholas Monsarrat)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook