SailNet Community - View Single Post - rammed:by the customs & border patrol
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: rammed:by the customs & border patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Swain View Post
In Canada, everyone needs a search warrant to enter a boat. Sure glad I live in a freer country, and not the US!
Yup, you guys are freer. Fully hands off. Congratulations. These interviews took place a few months prior to 9/11.

Is Canada A Safe Haven For Terrorists? | PBS - Trail Of A Terrorist | FRONTLINE | PBS

Quote:
Those who don't want to impose themselves on others, wouldn't join a police organization, on a matter of principle. So who does that leave?
I only have a problem with the perceived tone that LEOs are, therefore, all joining in order to impose themselves on others. I fully disagree, at least in the US. Most are joining to protect, not impose. There are bad apples everywhere, even on sailboats. I do agree that you can't do the job as an LEO, unless you are willing to impose. Just like you can't be a school teacher either. You must be willing to tell Johnny to sit in his seat and listen, whether he wants to or not. But, that's not why you took the job.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook