View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013
Call me Ishmael

blowinstink is on a distinguished road
Re: Need a Bahamas Cruise Itinerary

Quote:
Originally Posted by night0wl View Post
So my options for Abaco are to:

1) Break the trip into 2 chunks. Perhaps the weekend before everyone arrives, I make the gulfstream crossing with a friend over to West End. Park the boat at the marina at Old Bahama Bay, which should be $1 a foot since it will be offseason. Thats $250 for the week. $70 cab ride to Freeport airport, and $100 for the flight back to Fort Lauderdale. We then can all fly to Freeport and pick up the cruise from there

2) Shorten the trip. Would making it to Hope Town and back be too much for a 9 day itinerary. I'd like to do Little Harbour, but that seems too far. If not Hope Town, what would be the recommended turning around point to give us a reasonable chance at stopping and smelling the roses. What cays/locations are must-do (i hear nippsers).

3) Perphaps a different itinerary altogether. Bimini + Cat Cay + Berry's possible? I dont hear much about the Berrys. Are they good cruising grounds?
I've got it.

You could do a modified #1. Cross the GS with your friend, but go straight to Green Turtle instead of West End. I haven't checked distances, but I bet you can do it in 36hrs. Clear in there. Leave you boat at a marina or on a mooring in GTC and take a much cheaper cab to a flight back to the states (prices are surprisingly reasonable).

Then, in Part II you can do your tour of the Hub of Abaco leaving from GTC. You'll still probably miss Little Harbor, but you'll be able to do a GTC-Treasure Cay-Guana-Marsh-MOW-Hopetown-GTC run and maybe even have a chance to get the boat back to FL if all the stars align on Part II of the trip.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook