SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interior retrofit
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013

poopdeckpappy has a spectacular aura about poopdeckpappy has a spectacular aura about
Re: Interior retrofit

Weldwood in the red can ( not the green can stuff ) and/or Spray 90 works really well.

Ya know what I did on our last boat several years ago was, ( in the V berth area ) I went and got a couple 2" net x 10" x 6' pieces of teak s3s, I ripped approx.1/4"x2" strips with a table saw then ran them thru my surface planer ( down to around 3/16) and eased the edges by sanding

I then laid out & painted 1" horizontal stripes every 2" on the bulkhead and hull with a egg shell gloss epoxy ( 2 coats excluding a primer ) once that dried ( the following weekend ) I use some 3/4" fine line masking tape and taped a horizontal strip over the paint, I then applied laminate adhesive to the area I was working and the pre cut and fitted teak slats, after a couple minutes I started at the top and applied one slat, rolled it hard with a lam roller, pulled a strip of tape and applied the next strip using a couple pieces of teak cutoff as a guide/spacer.

It's a lot of work but it's fun stuff and it ended up very good looking. I still can smell the fresh cut teak & oil........smelled like victory

Freedom comes when youíre ready to sail away. True freedom comes when you donít have to return

Cut off from the land that bore us, betrayed by the land we find, where the brightest have gone before us and the dullest remain behind, .......but stand to your glasses, steady,.......tis all we have left to prize, raise a cup to the dead already, hurrah for the next that dies
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook