SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interior retrofit
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013

poopdeckpappy has a spectacular aura about poopdeckpappy has a spectacular aura about
Re: Interior retrofit

Weldwood in the red can ( not the green can stuff ) and/or Spray 90 works really well.

Ya know what I did on our last boat several years ago was, ( in the V berth area ) I went and got a couple 2" net x 10" x 6' pieces of teak s3s, I ripped approx.1/4"x2" strips with a table saw then ran them thru my surface planer ( down to around 3/16) and eased the edges by sanding

I then laid out & painted 1" horizontal stripes every 2" on the bulkhead and hull with a egg shell gloss epoxy ( 2 coats excluding a primer ) once that dried ( the following weekend ) I use some 3/4" fine line masking tape and taped a horizontal strip over the paint, I then applied laminate adhesive to the area I was working and the pre cut and fitted teak slats, after a couple minutes I started at the top and applied one slat, rolled it hard with a lam roller, pulled a strip of tape and applied the next strip using a couple pieces of teak cutoff as a guide/spacer.

It's a lot of work but it's fun stuff and it ended up very good looking. I still can smell the fresh cut teak & oil........smelled like victory

On the 8th day God created sailors and evil stood at attention
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook