SailNet Community - View Single Post - A family day... what do sailors do?
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013

miatapaul is on a distinguished road
Re: A family day... what do sailors do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Donnas right here. You arent as cool as their friends so bring them.
Yes, so true, funny thing is I seem to be cool to lots of my kids friends, but not to them! They love it when I cook tacos and pizza for them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Its important to take tons of pictures also ( let them take some too) and after the season in the winter sit around as a family and look at them. It brings back memories and when you kids tell you what they remember it will give you a clue as to what they value about it. It is very enlightening as well as actually heartwarming to hear their rememberence of experiences 15 years ago.

Dave
One of the best things I have done for my youngest (now 14) was give him a camera to mess with. Great thing is with digital, there are no processing costs unless you want to print some. He now uses his phone, as it has more "mega pixels"" than the old 3.2 megapixel Cannon I gave him. It makes them look at things completely differently. I remember him asking me would this look good in a picture, then all of a sudden he is taking his own photos!

One of my favorite photos I have ever taken was of my friend's father who introduced me to sailing, at the helm of his boat, totally absorbed in what he was doing and happy. I was a teenager at the time and I remember thinking that I wanted to be that into what I did. Guess it made a lasting impression on me!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook