SailNet Community - View Single Post - Full or fin keel?
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013

BryceGTX is on a distinguished road
Re: German Yacht Magazine Article on Full vs. Fin Keel

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
I have said that the modern 30ft they had used for comparison (a Jeanneau 30) was particularly tender, I give as example the 33ft from jeanneau as a boat much more stiff, even from the same line and brand

You said that the Jeanneau 30 was a good example in what regards the average stiffness of modern 30fts and I showed that you were wrong, that in fact I cannot find one as tender and posted the B/D of almost all 30ft on the market.

Paulo
Clearly comparing a 33 foot to a 30 foot boat does not make sense. On the other hand, there are 30 footers with more beam that would result in considerably more stiffness.

The problem is that you consider stiffness to be a requirement for a good rough water boat.. clearly few agree with you. And this video shows why.

In spite of the fact, the Sun 30 is probably the stiffest of the three boats for the simple reason that it is a more modern flat hull. The other two will invariably be more v-shaped less stiff hulls.

The video pretty much states what this thread is about.. even if you do not agree with it.
Bryce
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook