SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Dufour 500

I like it, I like it a lot.

A Felci design and a slightly different boat from the other mass production cruisers on this class: Less freeboard, 6 winches in an innovative position and one that will allow a very good control by a solo sailor and a very well nicely designed interior. Regarding the outside, the best looker on this class...and normally boats that look well sail well. If I was on the market for a 50ft cruiser I would certainly check out this one carefully. A very beautiful boat that certainly manages to hide very well the compromises regarding this type of boats.

Possibly the galley could be bigger for living permanently on the boat but then the saloon would not have been as magnificent and big. Anyway its lesser space on the bench is compensated by an unusual number of cabinets.

I guess that design criteria would depend on the utilization it is given to the boat but I bet that they know that this boat, big as it is it will not be for the charter market and that most of the time it will be sailed and lived only by two, and for two the galley is more than enough. it is designed to receive aboard a large number of guests, not for many to live aboard.

Take a look at the interior here (360º):

500 - Grand Large - DUFOUR Yachts

Some bad quality movies:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook