View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013

EricKLYC is on a distinguished road
Re: Traditional boats: Smacks racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
and that's all folks
This is a sad day, Paulo.

I don’t think there is one single Interesting Sailboat out there you don’t know about. And as soon as you know about it, all of us do thanks to your input on this excellent thread. Whaw.

But there’s more. I’m sure many of us have not only dreamed away reading your posts about wonderful boats, but also carefully weighed your thorough analyses and expert opinions before making essential decisions.
Or have otherwise learned a great deal about naval architecture, boat handling, building quality, esthetics, sails, security, yards, equipment, stability, cruising grounds, financing, comfort, tips & tricks, rigging, racing, meteo, sailors, history, …, …

I’m one of them and so now I’m quite sad.

Of course you are absolutely right once again: it’s all about priorities and choices, in sailing and in life. Everyone of us must have wondered where you got the energy from to keep on feeding, reviewing and coaching this thread.
And all of us must of course respect your decision to take a step back and create more time for yourself, your family, your boat, your …

Created by you almost 3 years ago, Interesting Sailboats now counts 365 pages (what’s in an number?), ten times more posts, next to 200 “likes” (although these only started about one year ago), most of them written and earned by you.

“Chapeau”.
I suppose this needs no translation.

“De soep wordt nooit zo heet gegeten als ze geschonken wordt”.
This is an old Flemish saying, translated: The soup is never eaten as hot as it is served.
I certainly hope so, at least for this thread.
In other words, my little finger tells me we will still hear al lot from you. May be somewhat less frequently, but with the same enthusiasm, expertise and love for sailing you spoiled us with for the last years.

Then may be this day is not that sad after all.

Cheers, Paulo.

Eric
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook