SailNet Community - View Single Post - Lake Norman
Thread: Lake Norman
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013

puddlejockey is on a distinguished road
Re: Lake Norman

Thanks, guys, for starting the LKN thread!

Airbus and Dixie; I can't comment completely on Lake Norman for sailing, but I will say that while the lake is very crowded on the weekends, weekday evenings on the lake can be peaceful and pretty nice. One of the yacht clubs used to hold a "wednesday night series" regatta that was popular among the blow boaters.
( I know this, B/C I would watch them from my fishing Canoe and be overcome with jealousy...)
I'm not sure what the rules are on this board , but I'm a Real Estate broker with over 20 years of knowledge in this general area, and have some great contacts who are agents "on the lake" , and literally know every cove. if you're thinking moving down. We'd love to have you! Feel free to PM me for any property, culture, or community info that I can help with. ( warning: i have a few more posts to use up before my PM's are accessible...or I would've just sent you a message!)

Biology( or any other LKN folks) : the boat I'm getting surveyed this weekend is moored WAAY up just South of the 150 bridge, and includes the slip for 2013 in the purchase price. However, in looking at the charts, it looks like I may have to come all the way down South to get enough room to sail. is there room to reasonably manuever and stay off the shoals North of Channel marker 11?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook