SailNet Community - View Single Post - Titusville to Jax
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013

kentemay is on a distinguished road
Re: Titusville to Jax

I'll be going down Friday to do some work on the boat. It's the Utopia Too. Jack Mooney's old boat, he's written about it in Southwinds back in 2009. I love her although she needs some TLC, no inboard at the moment etc... I actually went from Riviera Beach to Ft. Pierce on an 8 hp shortshaft yamaha at almost 4 knots but switched it out for the 15 hp Mercury long shaft. I have the 8 hp as a back up packed in a quarterberth. I have a new battery bank and solar panel, I have a 32k generator although that's a bit of overkill. the autotiller was aboard although the channel is a bit narrow for it to be effective. I'm still working on the head, it's a type III with macerator. It's a labour of love, this boat chose me, not the other way around. I'm enjoying the slow motor. When I get her to Fleming Island I'll get this innards squared away then take her to Green Cove and do the bottom work. She's sound but I'm a new sailor so I'm comfy motoring in a straight line alone, just not sailing alone yet.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook