SailNet Community - View Single Post - Lake Norman
Thread: Lake Norman
View Single Post
post #8 of Old 01-10-2013
puddlejockey

Re: Lake Norman

Good Info, kd; and you're "spot on" about the prices on the lake. Although housing has come down significantly and there are deals to be had; an 800K home on the market is a great deal at 625k...but only if you're in the market for a 600K home!

It's one of the reasons that I was able to "nudge" my executive leadership (wife) into buying a weekender and getting a wet slip. Its actually cheaper, and in many ways more convenient, to wet slip your boat and live 5 or 10 miles off the water. Its pretty simple supply and demand. There are a few Neighborhoods on the water that haven't fallen victim to the McMansion craze of the past 6 years, though.

I WAS shocked at how many sailboats are in the marinas that look neglected/ abused/ and or abandoned by their owners; I'd guess 10-20% of the sailboats in each marina look that way, depending on the marina. Some of those boats have lines so pretty it could make a sensitive sailor cry.

Bio or Manhattan, any info on sailing conditions specifically more towards the 150 Bridge?
It looks like the lake is still a mile or 2 wide, but with all the shoals and my lack of sailing experience, I'm not sure if that translates to sailing room.
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome