SailNet Community - View Single Post - Latest on L&A
Thread: Latest on L&A
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013

miatapaul is on a distinguished road
Re: Latest on L&A

I picked up the first issue of it at Barnes and Noble. I actually enjoyed it more than Lats and atts, as it was full of info a lot less of the not really attractive women in bikini's. Had real info on ports of call, and some boats, something I think was missing for a long time in Latitudes. It had become too much of a "I'm kewler than you" fest, with not much more than photos of a bunch of drunk sailors in the harbor. though I did see that stupid word a few times, and a couple of the articles were not well written, but had good info in them none the less. Like the one about Belize, as I could almost not get through it with all the "unbelizeable" puns, once is a bit gratuitous, but acceptable but come on he keep up with it through the whole article.

This sort of reader supplied material is ok to be not quite as polished, so I can deal with it. That is what made Living Aboard and makes Good old Boat such useful references. I was very happy to see much less of the cheesy cheesecake, and more meaty articles, if they keep it up I may subscribe.

Last edited by miatapaul; 01-10-2013 at 11:33 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook